Sisters of the underground
Missing Endangered Legal Alert Notification Initiated Nationwide
Text: Melanin to 702-608-8551
Sisters of the Underground is a grassroots organization founded by National Chairwoman Lesedi Shakur that provides services to families of missing persons, victims of sex trafficking, and domestic violence. We attend court hearings, assist with filing restraining orders, sponsor self-defense classes, weapons training, sister circles, and more. We walk through the process with you until services are accepted and continue our care network with wrap-around services once your case is closed. Members of this dynamic organization have devoted their lives to combat the rising epidemic of human trafficking, domestic violence, missing, neglected, and other marginalized and disenfranchised members of our community.
This dynamic group of Black women has developed the essential MELANIN ALERT, Missing Endangered Legal Alert Notification Initiated Nationwide program. Melanin Alerts is a Bulletin alert designed to inform the Black Community, media, and transportation of missing and endangered persons in the Black community.
Sisterhood from various Black Military Formations join forces to combat the underground human trafficking, domestic violence, gang retaliation, etc... across the globe. Empowering those impacted by crime to move from crisis to resiliency by rescuing and supporting women, children and men that are victims of violence in the black communities across the 50 states. We work with those who are at-risk of sex-trafficking, sex crimes, domestic violence, those seeking gang separation, and assisting families of gang victims serving as a victim’s advocate. Once victims are rescued, a comprehensive process involving justice for the perpetrators, and, recovery and rehabilitation for the survivors begins.
We will openly, vigorously, and loudly defend our children, women, and men that have become victimized in the Black community.
Due to the sensitivity of collected information during investigations all conductors must have a signed NDA on file with their applications
The U.S. Department of Justice reported that 62% of Human trafficking suspects, including both children and adults, are African American. Additionally, African American children make up 52% of all juvenile prostitution arrests. In many instances, these children are not prostitutes. They are victims.
African Americans account for roughly 13% of the US population but nearly 40% of persons gone missing. Historical desensitization, negative stereotypes, and criminalization related to minority persons reported missing are problematic when trying to get justice and equity for our missing black women and girls. From The Bottom Up Foundation is working to shine light and garner more attention, resources, and support for the nearly 65,000 missing women/girls of color across the country.
45.1% of Black women and 40.1% of Black men have experienced intimate partner physical violence, intimate partner sexual violence and/or intimate partner stalking in their lifetimes.
• 31.8% of Black women and 16.8% of Black men have experienced one or more of the following intimate partner violence-related impacts: being fearful, concerned for safety, any post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms, injury, need for medical care, housing services, victim advocate services, and/or legal services, missed at least 1 day of work or school, and contacting a crisis hotline.
• 41.2% of Black women and 36.3% of Black men have experienced intimate partner physical violence in their lifetimes.
• 53.8% of Black women and 56.1% of Black men have experienced psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lifetimes.
• 8.8% of Black women have been the victims of intimate partner rape in their lifetimes.
• 17.4% of Black women and 14.8% of Black men have experienced intimate partner sexual violence (other than rape) in their lifetimes.
• 9.5% of Black women have experienced intimate partner stalking in their lifetimes.
Learn more about our upcoming programs, fundraisers, and more!
Melanin to 702-608-8551